Friday, September 13, 2013

Beetlejuice: Season One



The Ghost with the Most is back!
Ironically, (as with most cartoon adaptations I've witnessed) I watched the show before the actual movie, and loved the animated adaptation. One reason is unlike Past adaptions of film and TV Shows, Tim Burton, the creator oversaw the show's production and kept it as funny as the film, but acceptable for Saturday Morning: where Lydia Deetz and her family live in the house, and she somehow discovered Beetlejuice, of course, the former residents from the movie aren't in the show.

The premise deals with how Lydia deals with her ghostly friend in and out of the Netherworld, usually contending with supernatural products or Beetlejuice's wild schemes. Before it was done in Chowder and Flapjack, Beetlejuice utilized different medias rather well. Basically using computer animation whenever the television was used in the series, sure it wasn't anything like in Futurama (remember this was the 80s), but it helped make the show interesting at times.

The First Season...

Takes me back-LOVE IT!!!
I'm 31 and I have to say I bought this DVD for myself. I used to watch this when I was a kid. I LOVED this show. Still do and I'm SOOOO happy they finally put it out on DVD. Waiting for season 2 now. :o)

Return to your immature childhood!
I had recently purchased the Beetlejuice movie on dvd (from Amazon of course lol) after my kids caught part of it on cable and loved it. The dvd had a bonus feature with 2 episodes from the cartoon, i had completely forgotten they had a cartoon! It was one of my favorites as a kid, and my boys instantly loved it and began asking where they could watch more. So, i turned to my trusty friend (Amazon again) and was surprised to find both season 1 and 2 were available. My boys are happy....I'm happy....if you were a fan of the cartoon don't hesitate BUY!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment