Saturday, September 14, 2013

Judas Priest: Epitaph (BluRay) [Blu-ray]



Editing overkill
Being this is the first Judas Priest concert release on HD (blu ray) and in 16x9, the overall picture and sound quality is superb. It's obviously a drag KK dropped out of the band, however, Richie Faulkner seems to have made a smooth transition in the band with solid guitar work and strikingly similar looks to Mr. Downing, albeit a younger version. The set list is what you would expect with the exceptions of a great version of Never Satisfied from Rock-a-Rolla and a blistering version of Beyond the Realms of Death from Stained Class. Most the set is material Judas Priest have played in the past, nevertheless, it's a fun show to watch. I do love the Priest! My main problem with the DVD is the editing--which is horrible. Alex Walker (the director/ editor) can't stay on a shot for more than a second before making a cut. There must be 10,000 edits in this show so If your prone to seizures you may wanna stay away from this one! It's definitely worth having for fans but I can only...

After 40 years they sound better than ever
I saw the Epitaph concert video when it was out for a one day showing in a local movie theater. Having seen Priest on this tour I was aware of the fantastic songs and sound that the band put together on the tour. This concert video is a must for any Priest fan. All the great songs and the band sounds fantastic. Rob's voice is great and the band delivers like very few bands new or old can. My only negative on the video is the over use of changing camera views. The video quality is top notch but too many times the camera keeps switching quickly between close ups of the band members. Not a deal breaker but something I noticed and wished there was less of. Outside of that this is a worthy addition to any Priest fans collection of Metal magic. Long live the Priest.

Un-frickin'-believable how awesome Rob Halford (and the band) sounds on this!!!! A Must Own!
I just picked this up at Best Buy for $13.99 on BD. Popped it in, thinking OK, let's see how good this really is...I am blown away!!!! I have all of Halfords live dvd releases (Rio, Japan, and Anaheim) plus I've got the Judas Priest Angel dual disc and have seen the Rising in the East concert before...and to my surprise, Rob Halford screams his arse off better than any of the other mentioned concerts!!! It's like he is truly an immortal Metal God! He sounds amazing on this release, and I am so pleased I got this. The rest of the boys are a well oiled machine, even Richie Faulkner does not miss a beat. A pleasant surprise, and definitely worth repeated viewings!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment