Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Tonys



Capturing the Beauty of Broadway
I loved this show to death. Broadway is such an incredible thing for me. It's so alive and it was so thrilling to have a show that celebrated that. Not only through original musicals, but by showcasing Broadway talents like Megan Hilty, Christian Borle, Jeremy Jordan and even having work by Joe Iconis. All the cameos from Broadway actors was just a great treat.

This show had flaws. There were ridiculous characters and just stupid, awfully written story lines. People were fired, including the show's creator, Theresa Rebeck. There was a lot of fire tossed around between the creative team, which eventually led to its downfall. NBC also played their hand stupidly with this show by not marketing it correctly and constantly just leaving it behind. It's a shame, really. There was a lot of buzz for this show and what it was going to be. I can only imagine what this show could've been if it weren't for such a rocky two seasons behind the production and NBC.

Regardless, we...

Bummer
I love SMASH, I love the characters and I love the story line. I hate that it has been cancelled I can only hope that the two hour finale next week is amazing and closes all the gaps. I don't want to be left hanging. Hopefully since they knew ahead of time that they were being cancelled the writers have had more time to make it spectacular. Can't wait to see what Megan Hilty and Katherine McPhee do after SMASH. I am really going to miss Debra Messing in a sitcom also things haven't been the same since Will and Grace left television. This show would have done much better on a different network I am sure. If Glee can stay on as long as it has then what is the problem with SMASH? Well it seems like a network issue to me and not enough marketing I didn't even hear about it during the first season, I was told about it from and employee at the start of Season 2.

Sorry its gone
I really loved this show, thought it had excellence and am sorry its canceled. Back to boring Reality shows, I guess.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment